Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wine + Painting = Really Fun



Last night a friend and I went to this place in East Cobb called Sips n' Strokes. You pay $25 and go to a room full (about 60) of women (we tried to talk our significant others into coming with us next time because it would be hilarious, but haven't convinced them yet). Sips provides the paint, brushes, canvas, cups for drinks, and an instructor on a stage to guide amateurs into creating a masterpiece of their own. Everyone paints the same thing, but everyone has their own interpretation of the original painting. What helps get the creative juices flowing, is that you are allowed to bring alcohol if you want! We brought wine, but some people brought backpacks full of stuff like beer, cheese, crackers, fruit, liquor, and sandwiches. It was so much fun!! I haven't painted since I was 10 or so, so I was scared to see what my painting would look like. I have to say, I am satisfied and surprised at how mine turned out! It was neat looking around at everyone else's too because there were no 2 alike. We are definitely going again, but next time we will be more prepared and bring a backpack full of goodies. If you would like to go, you can visit www.sipsnstrokes.com to see the calendar for upcoming paintings.

This is what the original painting looks like



This is how mine turned out



No comments:

Post a Comment