Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thankful

When I found out I was pregnant with little Sweetpea, Sweetface had 2 years of school left and I was working full time. I had planned on continuing to work to put food on the table and a roof over our head...Then I held that little girl for the first time in my arms and it was all over...I couldn't let someone else raise her. I missed her when she was sleeping, and would watch her sleep. I've wanted to be a mother since I was 2 years old! Is that weird? My little brother was born when I was 2, and I would carry him around and dress him up and pretend he was my baby.











My baby bro and me




Anyway, Sweetface works part-time as a bartender for a catering company. He only works when he doesn't have to study which ends up being 3 or 4 nights a month (sometimes more). I decided to go back to work part-time (for the same company I was with before as a seminar host and I am thankful to them for working with my schedule), which ends up being 4 or 5 days a month. My mom babysits (for free) while I work, so I know my baby is in good hands.


I honestly didn't know how we would make it through financially for the remaining time Sweetface was in school...I pray every night for God to support us and provide for us. I was thinking about all this today and looking at our bank accounts and can't believe we have made it 15 months on two part-time salaries with money to spare!! God has answered my prayers, been with us the whole time and has supported us and provided for us. I try to think about all the little things that made a difference: I stopped shopping as much, we moved to a 1 bedroom apt, we have received numerous gifts for Sweetpea to get her through the first year, we have received checks from family members to help out, my mama has bought our groceries during low income months, we had free health insurance for Sweetpea, big tax refund, our vacations were paid for by his parents, we had mold in a storage closet and got a nice check from our renters insurance company for stuff we didn't even use anymore and got to stay at a nice hotel on them for a weekend, Christmas gifts, Birthday gifts, extra student loan money...I'm probably forgetting things, but I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. We are safe, healthy, and moving up in the world! All I know is, I will never judge other people by their clothes, their home size, or their job because you don't know where they have been or where they are going. I will always be kind to servers and people just trying to get ahead because we have BEEN THERE. I hope that there is a way we will be able to repay our family for being so generous during this time. I'm sure we will think of something. But for now, I have to get ready for bed, and ready for another day I don't have to work, and get to play with my little Sweetpea.

The day she was born. Love at first sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment