Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't forget to brush your body!

Have you ever used one of these?

If you're like me, then you've seen these brushes around, maybe used them once, but after scrubbing your body a little in the shower didn't use it again because the bristles are too rough! Well, I finally figured out the proper way to use these brushes, and it's not in the shower. It's a body brush, but AKA a dry brush. You use it before you get into the shower on your dry skin. Body brushing can get rid of, and prevent cellulite, stimulate blood and lymph flow, exfoliate the skin, and encourages new cell growth. I read that it also helps ADD, but you will have to research that on your own, because I haven't looked into it that much.

To brush your body, start with your feet and go up the leg with long, light, brisk movements. All skin brushing movements should be towards the heart, to encourage the return of blood and promote lymphatic flow. You should concentrate on areas that are prone to cellulite (ie, the thighs). Then move to your stomach and use a circular clockwise motion. Next, brush your arms from your wrist and over your shoulders the same way you did your legs (toward your heart). And then you can do your back a little if you can reach it, or you could have a friend do it for you. The first few times you do it, it might hurt a little, but try not to do it too hard, because it could irritate your skin. I always do it in the morning while I'm waiting for the water in the shower to heat up. It really helps me wake up too! I bought my brush from the Body Shop
for $12 (see below), but any one will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment