Monday, December 7, 2009

Saturated fat that will change your life (for the better)


A few people have been asking me about coconut oil lately, so I thought I would share the info I have found from extensive research with all of you.

For a while, coconut oil got a bad reputation for being a saturated fat and the general public turned to other oils such as canola (which actually makes you fatter and messes with your hormones). Instead of writing a book on my blog about it, I will give you a list of the benefits of coconut oil.

~Increases your metabolic rate (weight loss)
~Natural laxative (weight loss)
~
When added regularly to a balanced diet, lowers cholesterol to normal by promoting its conversion into pregnenolone
~One of the best natural nutrition for hair
~Anti aging when applied to skin and also is good for treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
~ Anti aging when ingested
~Protects against the damage to heart cells
~Improves digestive system and prevents IBS
~ Anti microbial properties help deal with various bacteria, fungi, parasites etc. that cause indigestion
~Helps absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
~Strengthens immune system


I've been using coconut oil for a year or so in some of my skin care potions and cooking with it. I also put it in smoothies and cream of wheat for Sweetpea. This, along with some other nutritional habits helped me loose all (plus more) of my "baby weight" after she was born. And yes, using natural ingredients instead of store bought synthetic lotion (cosmetics in general) does help with weight loss. Most lotion is made with chemicals and can cause estrogen dominance. When this happens, it makes it very hard to shed pounds because estrogen is in fat cells and your body starts to hold on to the estrogen (fat). Even when you are hardly eating and working a lot (trust me, this is extraordinary frustrating, I know from experience). Don't forget, whatever you put on your skin is absorbed into your body. When ordering your coconut oil, please make sure that it is good quality (organic, not refined, no chemicals added, no bleaching, no deodorization, no hydr0genation, made from traditional coconut palms only, no hybrid or genetically modified varieties, made from fresh coconuts not the dried "copra" used in cheap oils, made without heat processing). I order mine from www.mercola.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment